- Ten Feet respects your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take care to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential.
- Ten Feet will only disclose, collate and process (“use”) your personal information with your express written permission unless we are legally required to do so.
- Ten Feet will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you, unless you give Ten Feet your express written permission to do so, or unless Ten Feet is permitted or required to do so by law.
- Ten Feet will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
What Do We Mean By Personal Information?
- Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number, email address, online identifier, location information, personal opinions or personal preferences.
How We Collect Your Personal Information?
- Whenever you use the Site, complete a form or contact Ten Feet electronically, Ten Feet will collect your personal information.
Through a tracking code embedded by the Site, Ten Feet also collects information that includes:
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format);
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
- The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
Third party servers automatically record information which is created upon using the Site. Data includes:
- referring domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed.
- Third party servers automatically record information which is created upon using the Site. Data includes:
- Device-specific data
Why We Collect And Use Personal Information?
In order to make your use of the Site and the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities offered on the Site as informative and successful as possible, it is necessary for Ten Feet to find out exactly what you need and want. The following are some of the reasons why Ten Feet would collect your personal information:
- for Ten Feet to process your instructions or requests; or
- for Ten Feet to ensure that we meet your needs, Ten Feet may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you for research and statistical purposes. We may also use your personal information to personalise and tailor our services to meet your needs; or
- to conduct market research.
- Once Ten Feet has collected and analysed your personal information, Ten Feet may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you.
- Your privacy is important to us and we will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised third parties for their independent use, without your consent. If at any stage after you have given Ten Feet your consent you no longer wish Ten Feet to use or share your personal information, you may at any stage withdraw your consent.
- You accept that we may store your personal information outside of the region or country that you may submit or use it in.
Protection Of Your Personal Information
- Ten Feet values the information that you choose to provide and will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information Ten Feet has concerning Ten Feet customers is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
Correction Of Personal Information
If you ever want to update or correct any of your personal information held by Ten Feet, you can contact us here: https://tenfeet.co.za/
Personal Information Held By Or Disclosed By You Or Ten Feet To A Third Party
- Ten Feet may enter into arrangements with its partners and other third party suppliers in order for them to provide services to you. Those arrangements may require us to disclose your personal information to them, whether in person or by means of an application. You hereby consent to Ten Feet disclosing your personal information to those partners and third parties for this purpose and you also consent to receiving data about yourself from them. If at any time, after you have given Ten Feet your consent, you no longer wish to have your personal information disclosed to these partners or third parties, you may withdraw your consent.
- The word “cookie” refers to small data files transferred onto computers or devices by websites for record-keeping purposes and to enhance functionality on the website. In this way, the next time you use the Site, Ten Feet will know who you are and that you have visited the Site before.
- Ten Feet will also collect information about how you use the Site, your preferences and past browsing history.
- Ten Feet engages third parties that help us deliver banner advertisements and other online communications. The third parties may collect and use information about Ten Feet customers to help us understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to our customers. The personal information they collect is aggregated and cannot be linked to a person.
- Third party vendors, including Facebook, Instagram, Google and DoubleClick, show Ten Feet ads on sites on the internet.
- Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing our website. Please note that by doing so some features of the website you visit may be unavailable.
- To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.